Our Walkin The Dog Day Care Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Day Care facility and care of the animals kept under their supervision. This positions is ideal for an individual who wants to combine his or her professional skills and abilities in an challenging but rewarding environment.
Next to running the daily operations, this position will be focused on implementing new software in our day-to-day business , increasing customer value and the overall function of the daycare and growth of Walkin’ The Dog’s brand.
A person in this position will work directly with the owners and must be an expert in communication skills needed for dealing with a multitude of clients and their dogs. This position depends on articulating scenarios in communication with many facets of the business.
This position should be a person that is friendly and high energy and maintains a proper appearance as a person/representative of Walkin’ The Dog. They must share a deep passion for animal behavior and the relationships that humans have with their dogs, including a desire to understand and internalize the mission, purpose, values and goals of Walkin’ The Dog.
Equally as important this person should have integrity and will be professional at their job with the best intentions for the growth of Walkin The Dog.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Coordinating and overseeing daily operations of the day care
- Hiring, training, and supervising other day care workers
- Creating work schedules
- Developing and enforcing company’s policies and procedures
- Scheduling boarding appointments
- Ensuring cages, runs, and the overall facility is cleaned on a regular basis
- Ensuring the animals are groomed, fed, exercised, and generally cared for
- Monitoring the behavior of boarded animals
- Maintaining an accurate client database
- Answer phones and emails and correspondence with clients and interested parties
- At times be available to: Meet and greet clients, take any pertinent information about dogs and pass on to team members
- Communication with senior dog handler’s, and owners about the dogs and daily activities
- Responsible for keeping front room and entrance area tidy and clean.
Skills, knowledge and abilities needed
- Management experience, including HR and managing people.
- Computer software knowledge
- Ability to create schedules, to do list, calendars, notices, charts, flyers etc.
- Have a natural ability to interact and communicate effectively with people all ages and backgrounds
- Must be able to multitask be productive focused and flexible and sometimes chaotic environment
- Organization and attention to detail
- Able to grasp new information and put into action
- background in dog behavior a plus but not necessary
Good to know
- Primary focus of this position is to streamline administrative role with new software and organize and direct day-to-day business.
- This position will primarily take place in the front of the house and can be 30 hours or more Monday through Friday. Hours are flexible.
- This is a salaried position. Starting salary $48,000.
- Extra perks provided: bring tour dog to work, discounts for other services offered, stay on bonus after six months